How are you celebrating the Fourth of July? Check out our July 4th soundtrack playlist on Spotify, featuring some of the best tracks from Lakeshore Records releases for this occasion. See track list below for album references!
- This Is It, Rio! – Ian Arber – I Am Bolt (Original Motion Picture Score)
- Drift And Fall Again (Kill the Noise Remix) – Madsonik, Lola Marsh – Criminal (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Closer – Tegan and Sara – GBF (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Too Hot – Hey Willpower – GBF (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- All The Colours of the Dark – Federale – The Bad Batch (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Firefly – Black Light Smoke -The Bad Batch (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Canned Heat – Jamiroquai – Napoleon Dynamite
- Nap Store Video – John Swihart – Napoleon Dynamite
- Dere Boyu Kavklar – Ulas Pakkan – Baskin (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Mountain City Anchor – Connor Scott – GirlHouse (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Red – Tom Schutzinger – RED (Original Short Film Soundtrack)
- Capsize – Big Black Delta – Cavemen (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Sound of Your Scream – Brain & Melissa – from Underworld: Blood Wars (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Long Love – Lyle Workman – Love (A Netflix Original Series Soundtrack)
- Chickenscratch – Mike Patton – Crank: High Voltage (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Here I Come – The Roots, Dice Raw, Malik B. – Superbad (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Theme From “The Nice Guys” – John Ottman & David Buckley – The Nice Guys (Original Motion Picture Score)
- The Phone Rings – Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury – Free Fire (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Tuyo – Rodrigo Amarante – Narcos (A Netflix Original Series Soundtrack)
- That’s When I Reach for My Revolver – Geno Lenardo & Nina Bergman – Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Jaws Theme – Justin Lassen Remix – Justin Lassen – Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Adventures in Success – Will Powers – Master of None (A Netflix Original Series Soundtrack)
- Try Not To Remember – Sheryl Crow – Home of The Brave (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- La dolce vita – Extended Version – Ryan Paris – Master of None (A Netflix Original Series Soundtrack)
- Where The Wild Roses Grow – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Kylie Minogue – The Lobster (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- The Colossal Finale Part 1 – Bear McCreary – Colossal (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- California Dreamin’ (Rock Version) – Gilberto Cerezo, Tyler Bates, Dave Lombardo, Rani Sharone – The Belko Experiment (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Ah America – Nick Cave & Warren Ellis – War Machine (Original Score From The Netflix Original Film)
Can you believe it’s been a year since The Nice Guys was out in theaters? Shane Black’s 1970s action-comedy starring Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling was the buddy film of the summer! And what 1970s-era film wouldn’t be complete without a sizzling and funky soundtrack to boot.
Listen to the score by John Ottman (X-Men: Apocalypse, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) and David Buckley (The Town, TV’s “The Good Wife”) and step into the time machine that is the various artists soundtrack, featuring songs by The Temptations, Kool & the Gang, Earth Wind & Fire, Al Green, Bee Gees, America and more.
Soundtracks Available Now:
Various Artists: [Download]
Warner Bros. Pictures presents THE NICE GUYS, available now on Blu-ray/DVD (get it here) and Digital (get it here).
We don’t always find out how members of the International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) cast their IFMCA Awards votes, but IFMCA member Ley Bricknell of Filmic has released her picks of the best talent and film/television music releases for 2016 in her own Filmic Music Awards. Among those topping her list are Nicholas Britell (Moonlight) as Breakthrough Composer of the Year and The Nice Guys (John Ottman and David Buckley) for Best Original Score for a Comedy Film. See the breakdown below and the full list at Filmic. Thanks, Ley, and congrats to all the nominees this year! The IFMCA Awards will be held on February 23.
Breakthrough Composer of the Year
Nicholas Britell – Winner
Britell is on the up with scores such as Free State of Jones and Moonlight…
Best Original Score for a Comedy Film
The Nice Guys – John Ottman and David Buckley – Winner
Dad’s Army – Charlie Mole
Tordenskold & Kold – Henrik Skram
Eddie The Eagle – Matthew Margeson
Swiss Army Man
Anyone who can near perfect score a soundtrack to match the scores of the 70’s is OK in my book.
The International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) has announced the nominees for this year’s IFMCA Awards. Nominees include Alexandre Desplat (The Light Between Oceans), Nicholas Britell (Moonlight), Andy Hull and Robert McDowell (Swiss Army Man), John Ottman and David Buckley (The Nice Guys), and Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein (“Stranger Things”). See the breakdown below.
The winners of the 13th IFMCA Awards will be announced on February 23, 2017. See the full list at IFMCA. Congrats to this year’s nominees!
Continue reading Lakeshore Congratulates This Year’s IFMCA Awards Nominees
For the past half-year, Lakeshore Records has been supplying us with fantastic behind-the-scenes podcasts featuring interviews with many different composers talking about their latest work. Hosted by Tony Giles, these podcasts have been a real addition to the web site offering unique perspectives that aren’t often translated through the written word. – Score Keeper, Birth.Movies.Death
Take a trip down memory lane with Tony Giles (host of The Damn Fine Cast and our Lakeshore Loves Vinyl guru), who spins a curated set of Lakeshore Records vinyl released in 2016 — we may be biased — but boy is this playlist good. There aren’t enough words to describe all the emotions that go into hearing Tony’s selections from each album. It’s been a truly amazing year of soundtrack releases at Lakeshore Records and we thank you for sticking by us on this musical journey. So sit back, relax, and hear the full podcast exclusively at Birth.Movies.Death!
Featured Music: Lakeshore Loves Vinyl 2016 Podcast Playlist
1 KMC014 – Synchronicity
2 Baskin – Baskin
3 Wayward Pines Theme/Suite – Wayward Pines
4 Overture – Anomalisa
5 Four Doomed Men Ride Out – Bone Tomahawk
6 Rustin Parr – Blair Witch
7 End Titles – Don’t Breathe
8 Stranger Things Theme Extended – Stranger Things
9 Bill Harper – Mr Robot
10 Memories – Captain Fantastic
11 Love Crime – Hannibal Season 3
12 Daniel – Camino
13 Prologue/Tuyo – Narcos
14 Don’t Tell Sarah – Swiss Army Man
15 – September – The Nice Guys