Before you head out this weekend to see The Belko Experiment with all its sights and glorious sounds, check out a previous score by the film’s composer, Tyler Bates! The Darkest Hour (2011), directed by Chris Gorak and stars Max Minghella (Horns), Emile Hirsch (The Motel Life) and Joel Kinnaman (Child 44). If you’re already a fan of Tyler’s other scores to films like Guardians of The Galaxy, 300, Sucker Punch and Watchmen, then we need not say much more!
In Moscow, five young people lead the charge against an alien race who have attacked Earth via our power supply.
The Darkest Hour Soundtrack Available Now: [Download][Stream]
Summit Entertainment presents THE DARKEST HOUR, available now on Blu-ray/DVD and Digital (rent it on iTunes).
Don't Miss A Beat: Subscribe To Film Music Daily!
Join our community to receive exclusive content.
With every film he composes, Composer Timothy Williams (The Darkest Hour, Super, Doomsday) embues his music with the heart of the story. Lakeshore Records is excited to announce the release of Red Sky (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), with music by Timothy Williams. Williams is also the Orchestrator for Guardians of the Galaxy, scored by Composer Tyler Bates (The Darkest Hour, Super, Doomsday, Watchmen), opening this weekend. Red Sky (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) comes out on Tuesday, August 5th, but you can pre-order the album today.
Collaborating with Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Tyler Bates, Williams’ goal was to realize Bates’ musical objectives and Director James Gunn’s underlying message of an intergalactic “family” comprised of a rag-tag group of space-criminals with heart. The film has been described as a space opera — Marvel‘s answer to Star Wars. With all the high adventure, pageantry and epic destruction, the comparison is an easy one. With a team like Tyler Bates and Timothy Williams painting in the colors of the universe through the film score, expect the cosmos at your ears.
Pre-Order The Album!
Red Sky (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack): iTunes
Read more about Timothy Williams in our upcoming Composer Interview, coming next week.
Watch the Guardians of the Galaxy movie trailer:
Don’t miss a beat: subscribe to Film Music Daily!
What songs would you listen to if the world were coming to an end? Inspired by this weekend’s opening of Noah, a new apocalyptic film starring Russell Crowe and directed by Darren Aronofsky, Lakeshore Records has curated a rockin’ mixtape of nine songs that will get you through just about any end-of-times. Whether it be a zombie apocalypse or biblical destruction, we think this playlist will be an all-time great listen.
01. Download The Albums! Holy Sh*t by Tyler Bates (The Darkest Hour album): Download | Buy CD
02. I’m So Sick (T-Virus Remix) (Resident Evil: Extinction): Download | Buy CD
03. Slayer by Tyler Bates (Doomsday album): Download | Buy CD
04. Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down (Boss Remix) by Robert Plant (Boss album): Download | Buy CD
05. All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by Bauhaus (I Melt With You album): Download | Buy CD
06. To The End (RnR Cheryl Mix) (Underworld: Evolution album): Download | Buy CD
07. Second Sun by Greg Edmonson (Bounty Killer album): Download | Buy CD
08. You Are Gonna Die by Marc Streitenfeld (The Grey album): Download | Buy CD
09. I Melt With You 2011 (I Melt With You album): Download | Buy CD
NOAH starring Russell Crowe and directed by Darren Aronofsky, opens in theaters on Friday, March 28.
Like this playlist? Check out our Divergent Playlist!