Lakeshore Records will release the soundtrack to City Of Ghosts, directed by Cartel Land’s Matthew Heineman, out digitally on July 21. The album features score by Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas, who also collaborated on the critically-acclaimed Cartel Land film. See track listings and more below.
Pre-order The Album: [iTunes]
Remarkable. Testifies to the power of journalism. – The Guardian
“City of Ghosts” is a harrowing look at a group of citizen journalists who are risking their lives to fight ISIS – New York Times
Amazon Studios, IFC Films and A&E Indie Films present CITY OF GHOSTS, now playing in select cities (get tickets).
City of Ghosts (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
01. City of Ghosts – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
02. Meet the Team – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
03. It Remains Home – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
04. First Screams of RBSS – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
05. Brothers Moussa – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
06. Raqqa Twelve – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
07. Stay Safe – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
08. Nagi Dies – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
09. The Center of the City – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
10. Satellite – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
11. Walking Through Berlin – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
12. Rose and Snow – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
13. The Protest – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
14. Warplanes – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
15. ISIS Threat Expands – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
16. Pulling Back the Curtain – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
17. The Police – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
18. Hidden Pictures – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
19. Broken Wings (feat. Wasfi Massarani) – Jackson Greenberg & H. Scott Salinas
— City of Ghosts (@CityOfGhosts) July 13, 2017
“Powerful” – Variety
“Breathtaking” – Washington Post
ABOUT CITY OF GHOSTS
A real life international thriller, CITY OF GHOSTS exposes a new type of warfare: a battle over ideas, a fight for hearts and minds, a conflict over clicks and views. Captivating in its immediacy, it follows the journey of “Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently”—a handful of anonymous activists who banded together after their homeland was taken over by ISIS in 2014. With astonishing, deeply personal access, this is the story of a brave group of citizen journalists as they face the realities of life undercover, on the run, and in exile, risking their lives to stand up against one of the greatest evils in the world today. Directed, produced, and filmed by Academy Award–nominated and Emmy-winning filmmaker Matthew Heineman (Cartel Land, 2015 Sundance Film Festival Directing Award), CITY OF GHOSTS is a singularly powerful cinematic experience that is sure to shake audiences to their core as it elevates the canon of one of the most talented and exciting documentary filmmakers working today.”
ABOUT JACKSON GREENBERG
Originally from Philadelphia and since moving to Los Angeles, Jackson Greenberg has worked with legendary artist Randy Newman, written songs for numerous others and can be seen performing his own work at venues around town. He has scored multiple festival award winning short films and composed music for national television commercials. He received his undergraduate degree in music from Princeton University, his graduate degree in composition from The Thornton School of Music at the University of Southern California and studied with composer Kenneth Hesketh at the Royal College of Music in London. His String Quarter No. 1 (A Metropolitan Man) was premiered at Princeton University by the Juilliard String Quartet in 2012
ABOUT H. SCOTT SALINAS
Award-winning composer, H. Scott Salinas has contributed towards an impressive variety of notable projects including the Academy Award nominated documentary film The Square, HBO and Aaron Sorkin’s smash hit THE NEWSROOM, TNT’s dark thriller MURDER IN THE FIRST, and Academy Award nominated documentary film, CARTEL LAND. In 2002, Scott became the youngest Grand Prize recipient of the Turner Classic Movies Young Film Composers Competition and along with accolades such as the prestigious Cannes Lion, Clio, and BMI awards, Scott’s accomplishments have earned him esteem and recognition as a highly versatile yet specialized talent. From composing the brooding hybrid orchestral score to the Darren Aronofsky produced Zipper, to his original song Jamie Smiles written for the cult comedy classic JUST FRIENDS to acting as the instrumental mouthpiece behind the Old Spice whistle, Scott’s ability to create a meaningful impact for a wide spectrum is showcased through his work.
Don't Miss A Beat: Subscribe To Film Music Daily!
Join our community to receive exclusive content.